cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Vcc power with i.MX537

Jump to solution
TedMichon
Contributor I

I understand the DVFS concept with Vdd, but how does it work with Vcc? With Vdd, we just slow the CPU clock, and therefore can lower the voltage and save power while we aat idle or in background.

But with Vcc, we cannot lower the FEC or USB or UART clocks without causing the these systems to fail because they need specific clock rates. How does one save power with DVFS for Vcc?

-Ted

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Ted

The DVFS includes CORE and PER, the CORE means CPU, and PER means peripheral, once there is no high speed devices running, dvfs per driver can lower bus's freq, includes DDR, AXI, AHB etc., and with lower bus freq, Vcc can be lower as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Ted

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Ted

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Ted

The DVFS includes CORE and PER, the CORE means CPU, and PER means peripheral, once there is no high speed devices running, dvfs per driver can lower bus's freq, includes DDR, AXI, AHB etc., and with lower bus freq, Vcc can be lower as well.

0 Kudos