cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SabreLiteSD board - details

supriyac
Contributor I

Hello Team,

I have sabrelite-sd board. I want to create uboot-image, linux-kernel-image for this and boot via SD card.

I have 64-bit machine, with 32-bit ubuntu OS in it.

Please help me with details on -

1. Recommended toolchain for 32-bit ubuntu OS

2. Uboot source code

3. Kernel source code

4. Compilation procedure

5. SD card preparation procedure

Thank you in advance

Supriya

0 Kudos
10 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Supriya,

Gary has given you the details reply, it's what you need. Please have a check.
Have a great day,
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi Supriya,

Here are some answers:

1. Recommended toolchain for 32-bit ubuntu OS

$ sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf

2. Uboot source code

GitHub - boundarydevices/u-boot-imx6 at boundary-v2015.07: U-Boot branch to support the Freescale i....

Use the nitrogen6q_defconfig since both Nitrogen6x and SabreLite share the same config (as very close).

3. Kernel source code

GitHub - boundarydevices/linux-imx6 at boundary-imx_3.14.28_1.0.0_ga: Boundary Devices Kernel tree f...

Use boundary_defconfig, this will build the imx6q-sabrelite.dtb device tree.

4. Compilation procedure

https://boundarydevices.com/compiling-latest-u-boot-for-i-mx6-2015-edition/

https://boundarydevices.com/cross-compiling-kernels-2014-edition-2/ 

https://boundarydevices.com/ubuntunizing-i-mx6-kernels/

5. SD card preparation procedure

https://boundarydevices.com/ubuntu-trusty-for-i-mx6-boards-february-2016-kernel-3-14-28/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos

supriyac
Contributor I

Thank you Gary.

I have prepared images for uboot and kernel. Now exploring on rootfs.

Should I prepare root file system or is thr rootfs readily available for me to use?

-Supriya

0 Kudos

gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi Supriya,

If you flash our Trusty image to an SD card, everything will be ready to do for a SabreLite board. You shouldn't even have to compile the kernel or u-boot unless you want to customize them.

BTW I didn't notice your board name but SabreLiteSD doesn't exist, it is either SabreSD or SabreLite.

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos

supriyac
Contributor I

Hello Gary,

Thanks again for your reply. It is SabreSD board.

For environmental sert-up it is not needed, so I can use pre-built images.

But am trying for the secure booting, where in secure configuration related macro needs to be modified to enable secure booting, hence am trying to build and flash it in sd card.

When I used u-boot.imx and prepared sd card, it was booting up with freescale logo on LCD screen

When I used u-boot.bin and prepared sd card, I was not able to see anything on LCD screen and serial console as well.

dd if=u-boot.bin of=/dev/sdc bs=512 seek=2 conv=fsync

Above is the command I use to prepare the sd card. Please confirm, which binary should I use?

-Supriya

0 Kudos

gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi Supriya,

If it's SabreSD, please modify the title of the post (if possible). Also forget all my answers, they only apply to SabreLite, not SabreSD.

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos

supriyac
Contributor I

Hello Gary,

Could you please give me the links for SabreSD board ?

Am unable to change the subject/title of this post.

-Supriya

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Supriya,

About the i.mx6 software and tool you can refer to

i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP

And the board SabreSD board all information you can see as follow:

SABRE for Smart Devices Reference Design|NXP

Hope this can help you.

Any questions you can contact us easily.
Have a great day,
(Dan)

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

supriyac
Contributor I

Hello Dan,

Thank you for your reply.  I have run through the links you have provided, which leads to so many other links and documents.

Could you please provide me with specific links on boot source code, linux kernel, rfs, toolchain for SabreSD board?

-Supriya

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Supriya,

Under the Solou can see the follow information, here you can see many version of BSP and you can choose one version you need:

And under the Hardware Development Tools you can see the download tool mfgtool in the Programmers link:

And in the documents link you can see the documents to match all the version BSP, you can refer to the use guide document. There are details on how to build the platform and build the BSP and how to run them on your board.

Hope this can help you. If any questions contact me easily.

Have a nice day

Dan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

0 Kudos