SRC SRSR question ( csu_reset & brown-out reset)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRC SRSR question ( csu_reset & brown-out reset)

Jump to solution
Seongyon_Jeong
Contributor III

HI

I am using i.MX RT1020

Question 

1.  what is csu_reset_b as one of  reset resources ?

For example,   

In case of  ipp_reset_b, I can understand this signal from  RT1020 ref.manual  Fig 21-1,21-2  - diagram  &  explanation.  especially Good Diagram.  so.that, for understanding,  Is there good Explanation & diagram about  csu_reset_b ?

2.  Around 2months ago,   I did ask the question about brown-out functionality.  I know that the question is poor.  but  still  not solved.   anyway.  My Question is ,     Can it be possible Brown-out reset  is written as reset resource in SRC-SRSR ,  like as  wdog3,  wdog1/2 ,  temprature reset , ipp_reset... etc.. ,

If not possible ,  Do I need to implement  code? please guide this to me,

3.  also brown-out question.   NOW,   If brown-out is occured.,   What cause is written in SRSR By system ? ,  Just ipp_reset ??

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Seongyon_Jeong,

For example,   

In case of  ipp_reset_b, I can understand this signal from  RT1020 ref.manual  Fig 21-1,21-2  - diagram  &  explanation.  especially Good Diagram.  so.that, for understanding,  Is there good Explanation & diagram about  csu_reset_b ?

Could you please check the i.MX RT1020 Processor Reference Manual. Section 21.7. Functional Description? Specifically, take a look to Figure 21-5. SCR inputs and outputs and Subsection 21.7.1.2.2. COLD RESET.

2. Around 2months ago,   I did ask the question about brown-out functionality.  I know that the question is poor.  but  still  not solved.   anyway. 

We apologize for the delay to answer you there. Nonetheless, we finally have answered it, if you have more questions about it, you could ask them here.

My Question is ,     Can it be possible Brown-out reset  is written as reset resource in SRC-SRSR ,  like as  wdog3,  wdog1/2 ,  temprature reset , ipp_reset... etc.. ,

Could you please check the implementation done here: How to enable brownout detection - NXP Community? It could be helpful.

3.  also brown-out question.   NOW,   If brown-out is occured.,   What cause is written in SRSR By system ? ,  Just ipp_reset ??

In the i.MX RT1020 Processor Reference Manual. Section 21.6.2. Internal POR., mentions that if the external SRC_POR_B signal is not used (always held high or left unconnected), the processor defaults to the internal POR function (PMU controls generation of the POR based on the power supplies).

You could see in Figure 21-5. SCR inputs and outputs that the POR -> SCR_POR_B is named ipp_reset_b which is the SCR->SRSR bit you could use to recognize a brown-out reset.

Best regards, Raul.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Seongyon_Jeong,

For example,   

Could you please check the i.MX RT1020 Processor Reference Manual. Section 21.7. Functional Description? Specifically, take a look to Figure 21-5. SCR inputs and outputs and Subsection 21.7.1.2.2. COLD RESET.

2. Around 2months ago,   I did ask the question about brown-out functionality.  I know that the question is poor.  but  still  not solved.   anyway. 

We apologize for the delay to answer you there. Nonetheless, we finally have answered it, if you have more questions about it, you could ask them here.

My Question is ,     Can it be possible Brown-out reset  is written as reset resource in SRC-SRSR ,  like as  wdog3,  wdog1/2 ,  temprature reset , ipp_reset... etc.. ,

Could you please check the implementation done here: How to enable brownout detection - NXP Community? It could be helpful.

In the i.MX RT1020 Processor Reference Manual. Section 21.6.2. Internal POR., mentions that if the external SRC_POR_B signal is not used (always held high or left unconnected), the processor defaults to the internal POR function (PMU controls generation of the POR based on the power supplies).

You could see in Figure 21-5. SCR inputs and outputs that the POR -> SCR_POR_B is named ipp_reset_b which is the SCR->SRSR bit you could use to recognize a brown-out reset.

Best regards, Raul.

0 Kudos
Seongyon_Jeong
Contributor III
Thanks @RaRo,!!
0 Kudos