cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reducing imx6 yocto build size for custom board

sayi
Contributor II

Hello Yocto Team,

I have read documents but couldn't find a neat way to reduce the size of sdcard image for the dual-lite SABRE board I have.

Our custom board is targeted for 16MB nor flash which uses imx6solo processor. I am using yocto environment and building images using "core-image-base" and "core-image-minimal" that ends up with 100MB/29MB on L4.1.15.x release.

I understand my sdcard image contains uboot+kernel+dts+rootfs. My understanding is uboot+kernel+dts is small <10MB but the file-system is taking more space ( I even tried playing around packages_ipk and packages_rpm with no luck).

Could you please advise?

Thank you,

Swapna

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is nothing special regarding to i.MX. I can provide you some common recomendations.

You can remove all unnessesary options and modules from the kernel.

For example if you do not need ethernet you can compile the kernel without its support.

And you need to remove all unnessesary packages.

Have a great day,

Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos