cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTOS as guest os(domU) over Xen in iMX8QUADMAX

kasandesh
Contributor II

Dear All,

I am successful in getting dom0 up over xen and also one of the guestOS  as domU. Both are a variant of linux image built on imx tree. However, now i was trying to boot RTOS binary as one of the guest OS and it is unsucessful.

Below are my configuration,

rtos_guest.conf

kernel = "/home/root/imx8qm_m4_0_TCM_hello_world_m40.bin"
memory = "16"
vcpus = 1
disk = []
name = "rtosguest"

Command given

root@user# xl create -c rtos_guest.conf

xc: error: panic: xc_dom_core.c:692: xc_dom_find_loader: no loader found: Invalid kernel
libxl: error: libxl_dom.c:719:libxl__build_dom: xc_dom_parse_image failed
libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1267:domcreate_rebuild_done: Domain 3:cannot (re-)build domain: -3
libxl: error: libxl_domain.c:1034:libxl__destroy_domid: Domain 3:Non-existant domain
libxl: error: libxl_domain.c:993:domain_destroy_callback: Domain 3:Unable to destroy guest
libxl: error: libxl_domain.c:920:domain_destroy_cb: Domain 3:Destruction of domain failed

This fails giving the above error. 

It would be very helpful if someone could figure out the mistake or guide through the process of booting RTOS as domU.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Peng_Fan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Are u trying to let xen manage M4?  XEN could only handle Cortex-A virtualization.

Kernel & Virtualization Engineer
0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please make sure that the kernel you are triing to run as guest OS has valid format and supported compression type.
Also please make sure that you have right kernel in dom0 machine.

0 Kudos

kasandesh
Contributor II

The RTOS binaries i am using are created during yocto build. Is there any special way to create it with valid format ? 
Could you please direct me to a link to know more about RTOS image creation and booting ?

0 Kudos