Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question, i.MX35 UART / watching DSR

Jump to solution
Aemj
Contributor IV

Hi team,

I would like to ask about UART functionality of i.MX35.

My customer is developing their own i.MX35 board.

And they want to use UART as full RS232C communication.

They want to know how to watch DSR level.

The reference manual of i.MX35 says that the transition of DSR signal can be seen by interrupt in DTE mode.

But they want to know how one can watch the current Hi/Low level of DSR input signal.

Are there any ways to watch the current level of DSR, like reading some kind of register?

Thanks,

Miyamoto

0 Kudos
1 Solution
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes. One can access DSR signal with GPIO.

Please refer to bits description tables of i.MX35 Reference Manual for the details.

Have a great day,

Victor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can refer Chapter 47 "Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter (UART)"

of i.MX35 (MCIMX35) Multimedia Applications Processor Reference Manual for the details.

Have a great day,

Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Aemj
Contributor IV

Hi Victor,

After reading chapter47 of i.MX35, the customer thinks there is no register that indicate the status(high/low) of DSR. i.MX35 only has a scheme to watch the transition of DSR state. i.MX35 only has a mechanism to watch the transition of DSR state.

I think if one needs to watch the state of DSR one has to connect DSR into GPIO input pin in parallel. Then one can watch the state of DSR by reading GPIO data register.

Correct?

BR,

Miyamoto

0 Kudos
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes. One can access DSR signal with GPIO.

Please refer to bits description tables of i.MX35 Reference Manual for the details.

Have a great day,

Victor

0 Kudos
Aemj
Contributor IV

Hi team,

I still wait for your comment.

Miyamoto

0 Kudos