Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quad Plus processor

Jump to solution
himanshugusain
Contributor III

Hi

We have received a mx6 quad plus processor ,We are running mx6 sabresd kernel images (3.10.53) on that board

but the kernel freezes while booting

Could anyone please tell what all changes we need to make in order to make kernel up and running in

Quad Plus

Regards

Himanshu

Labels (2)
1 Solution
gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi Himanshu,

Please have a look at Freescale's download page for i.MX6 series:

i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP

You'll see the different BSP that support the i.MX6QP, which starts with kernel >= 3.14.58, you won't be able to use the Plus with a 3.10.53.

Regards,

Gary

View solution in original post

5 Replies
niklasmolin
Senior Contributor I

Hi.

If I use the latest version of the linux image (Jethro) , kernel 3.14.58. Will this work both for Quad and Quad Plus.

Or do I have to do changes in the device tree for it to handle the plus version?

Thanks,

Niklas

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Niklas Molin,

If you have downloaded the image you should also have a bootloader and device tree for each processor (i.MX6Q and i.MX6QP for example). If you are building the BSP you would need to select your machine since there are a couple of differences between the i.MX6Q and the i.MX6QP.

0 Kudos
niklasmolin
Senior Contributor I

Thanks,

I started (in Yocto) to build the QP version for imx6qpsabresd machine, but it seems to be some issue when it compiles the u-boot (I haven't had time to figure out why it can't compile that one).

Do you know what the differences are?

Thanks

Niklas

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Himanshu Gusain,

I agree with Gary Bisson. The best alternative is to use a BSP that supports the i.MX6QP Hardware, which would be starting 3.14.58. The kernel is essentially the same but there are differences for example on the Device Tree for each one. If you’re building for the i.MX6Q SABRE SD the device tree won’t work on any other board.

0 Kudos
gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi Himanshu,

Please have a look at Freescale's download page for i.MX6 series:

i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP

You'll see the different BSP that support the i.MX6QP, which starts with kernel >= 3.14.58, you won't be able to use the Plus with a 3.10.53.

Regards,

Gary