Qt in Yocto on imx28

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qt in Yocto on imx28

contra
Contributor III

Hi, apologies but I am relatively new to building Linux and Yocto and I've hit a sticking point.

I have Linux running via the core-image-minimal bitbake and now I need to get Qt in the build, I would rather have Qt5 but anything will do at this point. Can anyone point me to a tutorial or guide that will show me how to integrate Qt into this image and run an example Qt application. I really don't know where to start with this.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

Alvin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David Lawson,

The simplest way is to build an images with QT integrated, such as fsl-image-gui.

$bitbake fsl-imag-gui

0 Kudos

contra
Contributor III

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I have the fsl-image-gui working but I need to run Qt without the desktop front end. Is it possible to stop the desktop from loading or immediately boot the Qt application?

0 Kudos

Alvin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

alternatively, you can add the QT package into the core-image-minimal recipe.

how to add a pkg to an images, following is for your reference:

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94967

i.MX Yocto Project: How do I add an existing package to an image?

0 Kudos

contra
Contributor III

Thanks, which packages should I add?

I have tried the following but backend-gstreamer fails to build.

qt4-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer \

qt4-demos \

qt4-examples \

Once this is complete is there a way to test an example?

0 Kudos

OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

Hello David,

We've been supporting some customers using Qt4 and Qt5. Inside FSL Community BSP you can use:

$: bitbake qte-in-use-image

as an example, it provides a fake HMI interface to control a smart home. It is nice.

0 Kudos

contra
Contributor III

Hi, thanks the smarthome works but the touchscreen doesn't. I have tried:

export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/touchscreen0

This doesn't work. Is there something I need to do to make the touchscreen work?

0 Kudos

OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

Whick kernel have you used?

0 Kudos

contra
Contributor III

Kernel version 2.6.35.3-r44.24 I am using the Dora release.

Another question, does the qte-in-use-image have the hardware video streaming capability? I did try this with Qt 4.7.4 with Phonon but the video was very slow and the colors were incorrect.

0 Kudos

OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

Last time I tried touchscreen in MX28 was using Linux mainline.

Qt4 has phonon working but I didn't test it with MX28. I fear it may be slow but needs test.

0 Kudos

contra
Contributor III

I have just tried Master, I still get the same response when trying ts_calibrate. Is there a patch to apply for tslib?

This is the output from the end of the bootup sequence:

Starting smarthome

xres = 800, yres = 480

tslib: Selected device uses a different version of the event protocol than tslib was compiled for

0 Kudos

contra
Contributor III

It seems the problem was here:

if (version < EV_VERSION) {

fprintf(stderr, "tslib: Selected device uses a different version of the event protocol than tslib was compiled for\n");

return -1;

}

I have removed this check until a good solution is found, the touchscreen is now working with ts_calibrate.

Now the final problem, I tried to run the qmediaplayer found in /usr/bin/qtopia/demos/qmediaplayer. It loads but says: "Warning: You do not seem to have the package gstreamer0.10-plugins-good installed" and then when I try to play a video it gives and error: "Illegal instruction". Where do I need to add the gstreamer? This worked for me in LTIB via the config menu.

Gplay also reports the error "illegal instruction"

Please help it is urgent, we have customers waiting for video playing demos.

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

David

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

OtavioSalvador
Senior Contributor II

Hello David,

The EV_VERSION is kernel dependant; this explains why it works for Linux mainline. Good you moved forward.

The GStreamer you may be missing those codecs indeed. You can add those using your local.conf file. The illegal instruction is a known issue which has been already reported to Freescale and DaianeAngolini has reproduced it and the fix is expected in the upcoming GA release.

Please join the FSL Community BSP[1] mailing list so the community can support you. In case you need commercial support we can talk further.

1. https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-99985