cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QT on the i.MX53

carpenter
Contributor II

Hallo,
is there a SDK for the ARMv7 (Cortex A8) architecture?

Does anyone gained experience in this sector?

I want to use QT on the i.MX53 with Ubuntu or Windows CE (embedded compact 7 - but doesnt matter to much)

I got a freescale i.MX53 Quick Start Board.

best regards

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

frostybeard
Contributor I

Yes there is.

Qt works fine in Ubuntu on the i.mx51 (Genesi Efika). Qtcreator from the Ubuntu repository also works and you can develop and build apps with it. It needs OpenGL ES2 to work. QML also works. It also needs some GStreamer support for multimedia.

So if you can get the libraries, it should work.

0 Kudos

carpenter
Contributor II
I want to do some performance tests. Build QT for Windows Embedded 7, Ubuntu and embedded Linux to compare them.
0 Kudos

JohnBirch
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, the SDK that I was refering to is the Graphics SDK for our i.MX devices not a Qt SDK.

As for running Qt under Ubuntu in an embedded product, why would you since Ubuntu is already a windowed environment?  For embedded devices would you not typically run Qt from a base linux build; where Qt becomes your GUI?

John

0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There's no SDK as such for embedded Linux I believe. You would use SDK for Linux/Windows on PC to develop your Qt app (GUI part and what doesn't depend on HW) and then you can cross-compile it for i.MX target using qmake that is built when you build Qt libraries for i.MX. There's instructions and several ways how to build Qt libraries on this web site.

To correct John's comment, you can use Qt under Linux both console based and X11-based, so Ubuntu included.

Vladan

0 Kudos

JohnBirch
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You will find the graphics SDK by searching for "GPU SDK" on freescale.com

You will be running Qt under Linux (console based) not Ubuntu which is a Linux based graphical desktop OS (windows like).

(sorry to offend any Linux disciples by using 'windows' in the same sentence as 'Linux' ;-)

0 Kudos