cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program fuse imx6 using UUU tool

rakesh3
Contributor V

Hi team,

I am using the imx6q board and implemented the secure boot in that, but i want to fuse the public using using UUU tool.

I came across the UUU pdf where its saying to clear the DCD and then use the /mod_4_mfgtool.sh script to set DCD address.

how this is working ? 

1) can we use the convientional way to sign it .. genIVT.pl and ivt.bin append to padded img and then create the signed image.?

2) which command we can use the fuse the key in the Device flash using UUU script.

Please give me suggestion on this .

Regards

Rk

Labels (5)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

mason2036
Contributor I

If you want to use the i.MX6 signed security boot image by uuu(usb download).

You need to follow the steps in uuu.pdf. 

The reason is clear in the uuu.pdf.

My understanding is 

Because in usb download, the IVT will download first not entire image(here is uboot). So, it should be authenticated first. 

uuu.pdf.

Since the IVT is modified when downloading to the target the binary must be signed with a cleared DCD pointer. However, the binary must be provided with a valid DCD pointer to allow the UUU tool to locate the DCD table.

A. The steps below can be used as an examp
$ ./mod_4_mfgtool.sh clear_dcd_addr u-boot-dtb.imx
$ ./cst --i u-boot-csf.txt --o u-boot-csf.bin
$ ./mod_4_mfgtool.sh set_dcd_addr u-boot-dtb.imx

You when you use the uuu to do download, you need two security image, one is output by "A"

Another is the image as you said " convientional way to sign".  to flash to like emmc, for example. 

uuu -b emmc u-boot.uuu.use u-boot

u-boot.uuu.use --- from A

u-boot              --- you said " convientional way to sign"

0 Kudos

Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @rakesh3 

genIVT.pl is for generating IVT for determining the image length and the CSF location.  Not that description of DCD clearance in UUU.pdf.

i.MX6UL bootloader code signing method for UUU too... - NXP Community This one will bring something helpful for you.

About fuse the key, I shared a reference for you at another question.

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos