Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Consumption ratings in i.MX8M Datasheet

Jump to solution
arnemaathuis
Contributor II

Hello,

In paragraph 3.1.5 of the i.MX8M Nano Datasheet (IMX8NCEC) maximum supply currents of the device are mentioned.

However, no information is given on which device(Single, Dual or Quad Core, Lite) these currents are measured.

Can i assume that the ratings for e.g.the VDD_ARM rail of the QuadLite differ from the ratings of the DualLite?

Is there any information available on power consumption for each individual variant? Im very interested in the ratings for the i.MX 8M Nano DualLite(MIMX8MN3DVTJZAA), for which i am currently designing a board for.

Regard Arne Maathuis, Sintecs, NL

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Arne Maathuis,

The maximum supply currents shown are for reference and would refer to the Quad variant of the processor. Ratings for a variant of the i.MX8M Nano Dual Lite should be lower than those of the Quad Lite, just as you assume.

We don’t have a maximum supply current for each variant. In this situation I would recommend using Application Note 12410 as reference where some power consumptions estimates are shown for some real-life scenarios. (Please keep in mind these are for the i.MX8M, but they may serve as a counterpoint to the maximum supply currents on the i.MX8M Nano datasheet, I would recommend that you at least fulfill the power for the scenarios on the AN)

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12410.pdf

My apologies for the inconvenience.
Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Arne Maathuis,

The maximum supply currents shown are for reference and would refer to the Quad variant of the processor. Ratings for a variant of the i.MX8M Nano Dual Lite should be lower than those of the Quad Lite, just as you assume.

We don’t have a maximum supply current for each variant. In this situation I would recommend using Application Note 12410 as reference where some power consumptions estimates are shown for some real-life scenarios. (Please keep in mind these are for the i.MX8M, but they may serve as a counterpoint to the maximum supply currents on the i.MX8M Nano datasheet, I would recommend that you at least fulfill the power for the scenarios on the AN)

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12410.pdf

My apologies for the inconvenience.
Regards,

0 Kudos