Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting imx6q in Yocto3.3 Linux kernel 5.10.35

Jump to solution
charleshuang
Senior Contributor II

Hi NXP

Our platform follow imx6q-sabresd Demo board.  The SD card is micro SD. The Micro SD slot is not include WP pin.  The SD WP pin is connect the groud.

In Yocto 3.3, the Uboot and  Linux kernel is 5.10.35.  When we try to boot up in our platform, the board hang up.

We trace the code. The system hang up in "regulators_enable_boot_on" function (in drivers/power/regulator/regulator-uclass.c). 

(1) The system hang up in  for loop. for (uclass_first_device(UCLASS_REGULATOR, &dev);

charleshuang_1-1657704367341.png

(2) I try to workaround and add return 0 before the "for (uclass_first_device(UCLASS_REGULATOR, &dev)".  But the system hang up in "drivers/mmc/fsl_esdhc_imx.c" and  "fsl_esdhc_of_to_plat".

In  gpio_request_by_name(dev, "cd-gpios", 0, &priv->cd_gpio,
GPIOD_IS_IN);

charleshuang_2-1657705014388.png

charleshuang_0-1657703658654.png

Do you have any idea to fixed the issue? 

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sanket_Parekh
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @charleshuang 

I hope you are doing well.

Please add "cd-gpios = <SD card detection GPIO>" in device tree node of uSD card. From the attached snapshot SD2_CD should be the Card detection GPIO. I hope that pin is connected to the processor's card detection GPIO.

Thanks & Regards

Sanket Parekh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sanket_Parekh
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @charleshuang 

I hope you are doing well.

Please add "cd-gpios = <SD card detection GPIO>" in device tree node of uSD card. From the attached snapshot SD2_CD should be the Card detection GPIO. I hope that pin is connected to the processor's card detection GPIO.

Thanks & Regards

Sanket Parekh

0 Kudos