cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panic write on imx6 NAND driver

wolnet
Contributor III

Hi All,

I use the imx6dl controller with BSP Kernel 3.10.53 and looking for a _panic_write methode,because I have to write as fast as possible when the power get lost.

Are there any patches available that implement this feature ?

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wolfgang

I am not aware of patches, seems one can write custom driver

catching power loss, use for example signal on Sabre board spf-27392 p.18

MAX8903C  DOC output (DC UndervoltageThreshold) connected to i.MX6 EIM_CS1 or pmic :

Power fail interrupts 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

wolnet
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

thank you for the link,

but the information in there is only a description how to get the information that a powerfail occured.

This is what my target already does.

In this case I disable the display backlight and other things.

One of this things is to save some data to the nand flash with the function mtd_panic_write()

I implemented this function in Kernel 3.0.43 on my own, but this changes doesn't work on Kernel 3.10.53.

Is it possible that the Kernel configuration changes this behavior ?

So what I am looking for is a implementation of _panic_write() function in gpmi_nand.c for the imx6dl controller.

Or is there any reason why this is implemented for imx23 and imx28, ... but not for imx6 ?

0 Kudos