cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTP example code for i.MX RT1064...?

np
Contributor IV

Hi everyone,

We added PTP support to our i.MX RT106x code back in the SDK 2.7.0 days, but we're now moving forward to 2.12.x and it seems a lot has changed (PTP-wise) since those AN12149 days.

Is there an updated application note discussing how the SDK supports PTP? I found driver_examples\enet\txrx_ptp1588_transfer\enet_txrx_ptp1588_transfer.c (and the readme.txt with it), but wondered if there was anything else I could read?

Thanks, Nick

4 Replies

shizj
Contributor III

I have the same problem when adding PTP feature with current SDK version(2.14.0) of i.MXRT1052.

Is there any progress or any suggestion could be help?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

np
Contributor IV

Hi Pablo,

It seems that the same basic problem was flagged back in 2020 by @andylime : https://community.nxp.com/t5/Embedded-Software-and-Tools/ptp-enet-driver-problem/m-p/1192368

Can you please tell me who in NXP has any 'ownership' of PTP / 1588 support for i.MX RT processors? I saw a forum post that said this was @howard_liu , is that correct?

It seems that partial support (via modifications in AN12149) was introduced around SDK 2.3 / 2.4, but then dropped around SDK 2.8, and here we are with SDK 2.13 which has no sign of low-level 1588 functions like ENET_GetRxFrameTime() and ENET_GetTxFrameTime().

Thanks, Nick

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

howard_liu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pablo and Nick,

PTP is still supported but the low-level APIs are changed. Driver will not provide API to get the frame's time directly anymore. Application itself needs to get the time of the transferred frame using other low-level APIs.

@tim_wang has experience on new ethernet driver/API. He likely helps here.

Regards,

Howard

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear @np 

Thanks a lot for reaching our technical support and thanks a lot for your patience.

Regarding your concern: "Is there an updated application note discussing how the SDK supports PTP?", in this case I am afraid that there is not a new one.

Additionally, something else that you could read, there is no other type of examples, our SDK example on this case is the only information available,

I apologize for the issues that this might cause you.

Please if you have some other questions, feel free to open a new thread or reply to this one. I am willing the help.

Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos