cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAD_UART2_RTS_B at low level by default

jfernandz
Contributor I

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to implement an RS-485 interface by using the UART2 in an i.MX6ULL, actually the UART2_DCE_TX, UART2_DCE_RX and UART2_DCE_CTS. The actual rs-485 transceiver I'm using is this LTC485. The UART2_DCE_CTS pin is connected to the DE pin of LTC485 transceiver, as you can see in this schema (LTC485 is the A1 IC):

probing_cts.png

Apparentely, when this is in that way ... the LTC485 sets the rx/tx diff at hight level (~5v3):

rx_tx.jpg

Like when you are writing in the bus... so this affects other equipments that are connected to this bus keeping them in a listening/reading state. And this happens until the OS boots and some application opens the port (/dev/ttymxc1).

I'm actually probing this CTS pin where the red arrow is placed (in the schematic) and I can see this CTS pin is in a high voltage state (~3v3):

cts_signal.jpg

I was wondering if playing with PAD_CTL settings for this pin I would get this CTS pin stays in a low voltage level until some application opens this serial port and this CTS pin behaves as usually does. This will prevent to introduce noise in the rs-485 bus.

This is my current DTS (regarding this UART2)

&iomuxc {
	pinctrl-names = "default";
	pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_hog_1>;
	imx6ul-evk {
		pinctrl_uart2: uart2grp {
			fsl,pins = <
				MX6UL_PAD_UART2_TX_DATA__UART2_DCE_TX   0x1b0b1
				MX6UL_PAD_UART2_RX_DATA__UART2_DCE_RX   0x1b0b1
				MX6UL_PAD_UART2_CTS_B__UART2_DCE_CTS    0x110b1
			>;
		};
	};
};

&uart2 {
	pinctrl-names = "default";
	pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_uart2>;
	fsl,uart-has-rtscts;
	linux,rs485-enable-at-boot-time;
	status = "okay";
};

As you can see I've been playing around with this PAD_CTL config integer (0x110b1) trying to set a pull-down resistor of 100K Ohm as apparently this document and the i.MX 6ULL Applications Processor Reference Manual (pag 1819) suggests. However I still measure the CTS_B output with that 3v3 high level.

So I'm wondering if it's possible to achive this "low state by default" behavior by modifying this PAD_CTL register. 

Thank you very much.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
0 Replies