cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to build Android code for iMX8M nano EVK

abhiash
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm trying to build the Android 11 code for the iMX8M nano EVK board (8MNANOLPD4-EVK)

which I have downloaded from the following link. (11.0.0_2.6.0_ANDROID_SOURCE)

https://www.nxp.com/design/development-boards/i-mx-evaluation-and-development-boards/evaluation-kit-...

I'm using Ubuntu 20.04 system. I have downloaded all the required packages. 

When I try to execute the "imx-make.sh" script for generating images I get the following errors.

$ ./imx-make.sh -j4 2>&1 | tee build-log.txt

WARNING: Symbol version dump "Module.symvers" is missing.
Modules may not have dependencies or modversions.
MODPOST /home/prutha/customer/NXP_iMX8M-nano_code/android_build/vendor/nxp-opensource/nxp-mwifiex/mxm_wifiex/wlan_src/Module.symvers
WARNING: modpost: Symbol info of vmlinux is missing. Unresolved symbol check will be entirely skipped.
make[5]: *** No rule to make target 'scripts/module.lds', needed by '/home/prutha/customer/NXP_iMX8M-nano_code/android_build/vendor/nxp-opensource/nxp-mwifiex/mxm_wifiex/wlan_src/mlan.ko'. Stop.
make[5]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
CC [M] /home/prutha/customer/NXP_iMX8M-nano_code/android_build/vendor/nxp-opensource/nxp-mwifiex/mxm_wifiex/wlan_src/mlan.mod.o
make[4]: *** [/home/prutha/customer/NXP_iMX8M-nano_code/android_build/vendor/nxp-opensource/kernel_imx/scripts/Makefile.modpost:175: __modpost] Error 2
make[3]: *** [/home/prutha/customer/NXP_iMX8M-nano_code/android_build/vendor/nxp-opensource/kernel_imx/Makefile:1809: modules] Error 2
make[2]: *** [/home/prutha/customer/NXP_iMX8M-nano_code/android_build/vendor/nxp-opensource/kernel_imx/Makefile:185: __sub-make] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/prutha/customer/NXP_iMX8M-mini_code/android_build/out/target/product/evk_8mn/obj/KERNEL_OBJ'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:563: default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/prutha/customer/NXP_iMX8M-nano_code/android_build/vendor/nxp-opensource/nxp-mwifiex/mxm_wifiex/wlan_src'
make: *** [vendor/nxp-opensource/nxp-mwifiex/mxm_wifiex/mxmwifi.mk:34: mxmwifi] Error 2
make: Leaving directory '/home/prutha/customer/NXP_iMX8M-nano_code/android_build'

Can you please help me out with this? I need to generate an image and flash it on the iMX8M nano EVK board.

PS: attaching build log file

0 Kudos
2 Replies

abhiash
Contributor I

Hello Harvey

Thanks for your reply.

We have followed the steps exactly as mentioned in NXP Android Users Guide - Chapter 3.2 ( Page 4 / 55)  -> Choice evk_8mn-userdebug

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/ANDROID_USERS_GUIDE.pdf  ( 7 Jan 2022 Version )

The steps mentioned in your document seem to match our approach.

0 Kudos

Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello abhiash.

Based on the build-log.txt, problem occurs while building kernel. 

Please share what steps you have taken on your end before you execute imx-make.sh.

I happen just having build the same board but with android 12 following the document attached, which might be helpful for you as a reference.

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos