Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP MCU Boot Utility says I have a Non-XIP Application

ruudmeer
Contributor II

I am using a IM 1064 board.

I put it in serial download mode (01b).

I am using the UART connection (via USB). 

I want to flash the blinky example.

But I get the error "Non-XIP Application is detected but it is not in the range of iTCM/DTCM/OCRAM/SDRAM"

I am surprised, I think the binary should be ready to be stored in QSPI and not somehow be marked as "Non-XIP"

Why does the MCU Boot Utility think I have a Non-XIP Application?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ,

Hope you are doing well.

I am unable to open your files, it seems that there is a reported issue with attachments at the moment and our team is working on getting this fixed with #1 priority. For the time being I'd like to review the steps you took to get this up and running so I can check if something was missed. Did you follow the steps in the github page for the mcu boot utility tool?

If so, please check the section 2, where it explains a part of the led-blink as a non-xip image and the modifications to be made. 

Let me know if you have questions.

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos

ruudmeer
Contributor II

For some reason my files are not loaded correctly.

Here I try again.

0 Kudos

ruudmeer
Contributor II

Extra info attached

0 Kudos