cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max injection current for IMX6Q

eliaz
Contributor II

Hi,

I would like to know what is the maximum injection current for IMX6 Quad core ( industrial) can tolerate without effecting it's operating life.

By "injection current", I mean the a steady- state current flowing through the clamp diode of an IO.A use case for example: There is a device which is connected to the IMX6 IOs. This device is on, while the IMX6 voltage rails are down. The IOs between the IMX6 and the other device may be weakly pulled up to the device voltage rails, which may open the power clamps of the IMX6.

I couldn't find any refrence to this matter in the datasheets. I will appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Eli

Tags (2)
3 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eli,

You could refer to section 4.6.2 “General Purpose I/O (GPIO) DC Parameters” of the datasheet:

6 gpio.png
Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Adding to Carlos comment, there is not an injection current specified as acceptable. The datasheet states that no I/O pin should be externally driven why the I/O supply is OFF.

“All I/O pins should not be externally driven while the I/O power supply for the pin (NVCC_xxx) is OFF. This can cause internal latch-up and malfunctions due to reverse current flows.”

eliaz
Contributor II

Hi Gusarambula and Carlos,

Thanks for the answers.

I will be more specific: I want to connect several IOs of an IMX6 device to other device which is connected to a different voltage rail. These IO are connected to very-weak PU (>10M ohm), means that when the IMX6 is off and the other device is on, the clamp diodes of the IMX6 won't sink more thn few micro-amps. Do I have to be concerned of latch-up or other malfunctions in this case ?

looking forward to your answer,

Eli

0 Kudos