cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvell SD8787 with linux-imx

svenlautenschla
Contributor I

Hello,

i'm trying to interface a Marvell SD8787 wlan module with an i.MX6Q SoM from Karo Electronics. Therefore i am using the Freescale Community Bsp (Krogoth Branch). I've build an Image based on the linux-karo_4.1.15.bb recipe and followed the steps to configure the driver, described here: Marvell 8787 based wifi module using SDIO

But the kernel does not recognize the module after the driver was loaded (modprobe mwifiex_sdio). 

There is no entry like: 

mmc1: new high speed SDIO card at address 0001

It seems like the module doesn't even start.

It works perfect with an older kernel (3.0.35) on the same board, but i need to change to the newer kernel.

What could possibly gone wrong or missing?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sven,

sometimes APIs change between kernel versions. I would look for the SD8787 driver for the new kernel version.

Please note that NXP provides support of the BSPs developed by NXP, but unfortunately the releases of the external community are out of our scope.

If you need further support you may subscribe the FSL Community BSP mailing list at freescale.github.io to talk directly with the developers and other users.

Best regards,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos