Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX6Q can't boot from eMMC4.5 boot partitoin

Jump to solution
Wizard_Richard
Contributor II

Hi

I got a problem with eMMC4.5 boot partition.

After I download all images to my customer board, the board can't boot from the boot partition. I have found that

it can't switch from user partition to  boot partition 1.

So, I download the u-boot image to eMMC user partition, offset is 1K. After that, the board can boot from user partition.

In u-boot, I can use the command "mmc bootpart 1 1" to switch boot partition 1 successfully.

Kernel: Linux 3.0.35

Mfg: Mfgtools-Rel-4.1.0_130816_MX6Q_UPDATER

The u-boot part of ucl2.xml is:

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0boot0/force_ro">access boot partition 1</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ dd if=$FILE of=/dev/mmcblk0boot0 bs=512 seek=2">write U-Boot to eMMC boot partition</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo 1 > /sys/block/mmcblk0boot0/force_ro"> re-enable read-only access</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo 8 > /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:0001/boot_config">enable boot partion 1 to boot</CMD>

It seems that writing to boot_config is useless. Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Wizard_Richard
Contributor II

Finally, I found a workaround, try to read boot_info after write boot_config to ensure write successfully.

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo 8 > /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:0001/boot_config">enable boot partion 1 to boot</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:0001/boot_info ">read boot_info 1st </CMD>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Wizard_Richard
Contributor II

Finally, I found a workaround, try to read boot_info after write boot_config to ensure write successfully.

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:0001/boot_info ">read boot_info 1st </CMD>

0 Kudos
alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

After downloading Linux are you able to write to the boot_config to enable the boot partition?

MFGtool uses a small linux footprint, I would like to make sure that you can configure the boot_config field in your Linux image first.

Are you getting the same problem in the SABRE-SD?

Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos