Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX6 interfacing with WM8731

Jump to solution
zctee
Contributor III

Hi all,

I am currently on a task to integrate the i.mx6 SOLO with WM8731. I used the imx-wm8962 as base and modified it accordingly to suit to the wm8731.

As of current progress, i had manage to link the I2C and AUDMUX between the CPU and the audio codec.

From the kernel log, i can see that the wm8731-hifi is linked with imx-ssi.0,

[    0.484393] asoc: wm8731-hifi <-> imx-ssi.0 mapping ok

and a ALSA device is created.

[    0.491081] ALSA device list:

[    0.491087]   #0: wm8731

In my device node, i have seen /snd/controlC0, /snd/pcmC0D0c and /snd/pcmC0D0p node.

However i do not see the /dev/audio and /dev/mixer nodes. May i know where and when does the node is created? Which part of the coding in kernel creates it? I am using kernel version 3.0.15.

Thank you

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
zctee
Contributor III

Solution found. We need to add in OSS related stuff in menuconfig, and /dev/audio and /dev/mixer will be out.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
zctee
Contributor III

Solution found. We need to add in OSS related stuff in menuconfig, and /dev/audio and /dev/mixer will be out.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ZC

I would suggest to post that on alsa community as

this is specific alsa question

Help To Debug - AlsaProject

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
zctee
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I would like to see if in the freescale community had anybody done the integration of wm8731 before and point me to the right direction, instead of me scratching my head thinking whether am i doing the correct thing.

I am doing the kernel space integration for the audio codec. Therefore, i need to understand where does the creation of /dev/audio and /dev/mixer take place so that i can starts my debugging and communicate with the guy who is doing the user space coding.

Thank you.

0 Kudos