cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX23 EVK Rev B

TerryLai
Contributor I

Hello all,

I have a problem to launch the EVK Board (Rev B) when ADB port (USB device mode) is used and MMC card slot is used.

There is an error message when booting up:

stmp3xxx_request_pin: CONFLICT DETECTED pin 2:1 caller mmc owner usb
stmp3xxx-mmc stmp3xxx-mmc.1: MMC HW configuration failed
stmp3xxx-mmc: probe of stmp3xxx-mmc.1 failed with error -16
stmp3xxx-dcp stmp3xxx-dcp: DCP crypto enabled.!

Could anyone tell me how to solve it?

BR,

Terry

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

shanmugamsundar
Contributor IV

hi,

can we able to port android to i.MX23evk board, is it possible?

Tanks,

shan

0 Kudos

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Hi Terry,

What ltib version are you using?  In L2.6.31, I don't see a number of the options that you are selecting (ie "Enable paranoid SD card initialization", "Check card status on resume", etc.). 

Also, what exactly are you trying to do?  I'm not sure by what you mean "mmc still does not work".

myke

0 Kudos

TerryLai
Contributor I

Hello Sir,

I now get a Rev C EVK board.

The conflict message during boot disappears.

With the same kernel (ADB is configured), the mmc still does not work.

Here is my menuconfig of mmc in kernel:

--- MMC/SD/SDIO card support                                                                                                                        
[*]   MMC debugging                                                                                                                               
[ ]   Allow unsafe resume (DANGEROUS)                                                                                                             
[ ]   MMC embedded SDIO device support (EXPERIMENTAL)                                                                                             
[*]   Enable paranoid SD card initialization (EXPERIMENTAL)                                                                                       
*** MMC/SD/SDIO Card Drivers ***                                                                                                             
<*>   MMC block device driver                                                                                                                
[*]     Use bounce buffer for simple hosts                                                                                                   
[*]     Check card status on resume                                                                                                          
< >   SDIO UART/GPS class support                                                                                                            
< >   MMC host test driver                                                                                                                   
*** MMC/SD/SDIO Host Controller Drivers ***                                                                                                  
<*>   Secure Digital Host Controller Interface support                                                                                       
< >   MMC/SD/SDIO over SPI                                                                                                                   
[ ]   Freescale i.MX Secure Digital Host Controller Interface PIO mode                                                                       
<*>   STMP37xx/378x MMC support       

Is there anything that I configure it wrong?

Thanks!

BR,

Terry

0 Kudos

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

Hey Terry,

This probably NOT the answer you want to hear, but you can't use an SD Card with USB mode (note that you also cannot use with an Ethernet connection).  There is an errata which explains this - I believe that the USB/SD Card connection was fixed with later versions of the EVK allthough the Ethernet/SD Card connection issue has not been resolved. 

What are you trying to do?  For your initial work, can you use the NAND Flash on the EVK instead? 

myke

0 Kudos

Balaji_ng
Contributor III

Hi,

It seems like there is a conflict in your pin assignments. You are using the pins assigned to USB group in the MMC group. You may change this in your board specific file and your problem will be solved.

Regards,

Balaji.V

0 Kudos