cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIPI-CSI2 on Imx8MP

naveenprasath_0
Contributor I

Hi,

We've a custom FPGA interfaced with imx8mp through MIPI-CSI2 interface. This fpga just sends out color bars at the moment for testing purposes. The data lane width is 2 and the video is YUV422 640x480 30fps. We've modified the OV5640 driver to make sure that i2c transfers are returned successfully to avoid any failures while loading.
However,we are able to observe only split color bars (with colors not properly aligned) when we capture using gstreamer. Screenshot is attached below

Quick analysis of dmesg shows that the pixclock values are filled with high negative numbers. Please refer to dmesg.txt
I'm not sure why this happens and how to set it apart from the dts and how do we verify the pix clock is set properly.
Can you please help?
0 Kudos
2 Replies

zoro_li
Contributor I

For YUV422 input, do imx8mp need any special modifications?

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Beside the setting in the dts/dtsi file, you may need to check/modify the driver source code. For the details of the drivers, please read the i.MX Linux Reference Manual.

We have different version of Linux BSP.

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/i-mx-software/embedded-linux-for-i-mx-applicat...

Please download the i.MX Linux Reference Manual​ according to the version that you are using.

0 Kudos