cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1050 Evk SWO support

viktordo
Contributor I

Hello community!

I have some problems getting print through SWO to work and was wondering if anyone got it to work through either OpenSDA Jlink or with the external segger Jlink pro debugger?

When I try to use the JlinkSWOviewer with OpenSDA USB, it says "The connected emulator does not support serial wire output (SWO)" 

With the Jlink pro, it does not complain, however I get no output. 

Looking at the schematics it kinda seems like the SWO is not connected to the J21 JTAG tdo, only through the J34 connector. 

Grateful if anyone who can shed some light? 

BR

Viktor

7 Replies

bregell
Contributor I

Hi

I'm trying to get the SWO output to work on the MIMXRT1050 as well.

I'm using an external Segger J-Link Pro.

I run the code from HyperFlash (XIP).

I have looked trough the "i.MX RT1050 Processor Reference Manual, Rev. 1, 03/2018" but I did not find any information on how to enable the SWO output.

However in the "IMXRT1050-EVKB" schematic it seems like the JTAG_TDO/TRACE_SWO is shared with INT1_COMBO and ENET_INT. It says that ENET_INT signal is "By Default". 

What does this mean and how do I get it to be only TRACE_SWO?

Is there any resistor that I need to un-solder or any configuration I need to do in the pin mux?

Is there any other registers, clocks, or similar things that I need to modify to get the SWO to work?

Best regards,

Bregell

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

this pad muxing options are described in sect.34.7.53 SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_GPIO_

AD_B0_10 SW MUX Control Register (IOMUXC_SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_GPIO_AD_B0_10)

i.MX RT1050 Reference Manual (rev.0  10/2017)
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMXRT1050RM.pdf

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

bregell
Contributor I

Could you please give me a code example (I'm using the NXP SDK) where SWO is enabled?

0 Kudos

dmarples
Contributor IV

SWO arrangements on the EVK are 'interesting'.  SWO actually comes out of the CPU on GPIO_B0_13 which is SW7 pin 2 so you have to pick up the signal with a bodgewire there....not difficult, just a bit irritating. While you're plumbing you might as well pick up the debug UART RX/TX on J30 & J31 (pin nearest the board edge).  You also need to enable SWO out with a call like;

IOMUXC_SetPinMux(IOMUXC_GPIO_B0_13_ARM_CM7_TRACE_SWO,1);.

Pic attached is one I prepared earlier.

At the moment the JLinkPro is not setting the correct baudrate for SWO (I suspect overflows, but could also be sticky fingers). Call in to SEGGER on that one.

DAVE

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Viktor

please look on

MIMXRT1050-EVK - OpenSDA Segger J-Link 

MCUXpresso IDE V10.1.0 with i.MX RT1052 Crossover Processor | MCU on Eclipse 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

viktordo
Contributor I

Hello Igor, thanks for the reply. I have seen that site, unfortunately it doesn't say anything about whether the imxrt1050 evk board supports SWO through Jlink jtag. 

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Viktor

attached document from MCUXpresso documentation describes supported platforms.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos