Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCIMX8MQ-EVK J1701 USB Enhanced/Standard Serial ports usage

Jump to solution
chetanks
Contributor III

Hello,

I see COM16 (Enhanced port) and COM15 (Standard port) ports on my PC when I USB-connect with the EVK due to CP2105.
I see /dev/ttymxc0 as IMX8 Serial console and also /dev/ttymxc2 dev entry on IMX8 Linux.

COM16 (Enhanced) is giving IMX8 Serial console and I'm able to access uboot and linux shell.
I can open COM15 (Standard) via Teraterm. I tried:
# echo hi > /dev/ttymxc2
And I thought I might see 'hi' on COM15 Teraterm console, but I saw nothing.

Now I want to understand how I can make COM15 and /dev/ttymxc2 useful for serial communication.

My requirement:
I need to monitor/control my WIFI NIC connected to IMX8-SDMMC for some test purposes. There's a NIC-control-bridge application on IMX8 Linux accessing /dev/ttymxc2 and a Windows application on my PC accessing COM15 to serial-communicate and send monitor/control commands for my WIFI NIC.

Let me know if more details are required.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @chetanks ,

There are 4 A53 cores & 1 M4 core in i.MX8MQ.

One of 2 UART ports from CP2105 is for A53 debug, the other is for M4 core debug.

So if you wants to use UART for you application, you had better choose other UART ports.

Have a good day!

Regards,

weidong

View solution in original post

1 Reply
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @chetanks ,

There are 4 A53 cores & 1 M4 core in i.MX8MQ.

One of 2 UART ports from CP2105 is for A53 debug, the other is for M4 core debug.

So if you wants to use UART for you application, you had better choose other UART ports.

Have a good day!

Regards,

weidong