MCIMX8M-AUD with IMX 8M Mini Boot settings wrong

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCIMX8M-AUD with IMX 8M Mini Boot settings wrong

stomczak
Contributor II

I have a NXP IMX8M Audio evaluation board with an IMX8M Mini LPDDR4 mounted on an interloper board.  It came with software loaded out of the box and has been booting fine with the loaded Linux image.  I could see the boot sequence and access the root linux shell via the USB serial interface. I built a custom image that I wanted to download it to the board.  I was trying to put the board in USB Serial Download mode, however UUU on Ubuntu 20.04 does not seem to find the board.  I then tried to switch back to the standard boot mode.

According to the "i.MX Audio Board Hardware User's Guide, Rev.1" the boot settings to boot from MMC should be SW2: 10001_10110 and SW3: 00101_01000 but when I set the switches and power on, no output occurs on serial USB console interface and the two LED's by the USB connector flash.  Previously these two LED's had been steady green.  I have tried all of the switch configurations in Table 5 "i.MX 8M Mini boot settings" on page 14 and no combination listed boots the board.

I mistakenly did not take a picture of the switches out of box thinking that the documentation would be sufficient.  What should the proper switch settings be for my board?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

stomczak
Contributor II

I was able to find the correct settings to boot the board in the "i.MX Audio Board Quick Start Guide" - IMXABQSG.pdf 

It is interesting that in the "i.MX Audio Board Hardware User's Guide, Rev. 1" the Interloper board settings are reversed.  e.g. 0 = ON, 1 = off.  In the Quick start guide 1 = ON, 0 = off.  I am confused about the difference in the documentation for the same board.

0 Kudos

JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Stephen Tomczak,

Got it, thank you. I am going to notify about this typo to internal team.

Best regards.

0 Kudos