cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCIMX287CVM4B MCIMX287CVM4C

Jump to solution
E_Badillo
Contributor II

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between MCIMX287CVM4B and MCIMX287CVM4C? Why they have different suffix?

I have tried to look for this in the datasheet but cannot found.

iMX287 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The difference in the architecture and peripherals does not exist,

The only difference is that the B is not recommended for new designs, is not discontinued yet and the C is recommended for new designs and therefore available.

As mentioned before, there are different silicon revisions, which improve erratas found in the silicon rev before (i.e. B)

Regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The difference in the architecture and peripherals does not exist,

The only difference is that the B is not recommended for new designs, is not discontinued yet and the C is recommended for new designs and therefore available.

As mentioned before, there are different silicon revisions, which improve erratas found in the silicon rev before (i.e. B)

Regards

E_Badillo
Contributor II

Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
samsaprunoff
Contributor V

Good day,

I have not looked at the Datasheet, but typically the suffix on NXP's parts relate to the part's version and/or mask set.  In other words NXP makes running changes to their parts to address issues, erratas, etc and so they mark their parts accordingly as newer versions of the parts are released.

Cheers,

Sam

E_Badillo
Contributor II

Thanks for your response, I want to replace the B version with the C version, so I just want to know if it is necessary to modify the firmware in order to have this component working without issues.

0 Kudos
samsaprunoff
Contributor V

Good day,

To see if any firmware changes are needed on your side, check the device's errata documents.  The errata documents will list the various changes and/or bugs and/or workarounds that were addressed or are outstanding on the part and/or part's revision.

Cheers,

Sam

E_Badillo
Contributor II

Thanks, I will take a look at the publication.

0 Kudos