cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading bootloader for iMX35 PDK over JTAG

BrandonBurnett
Contributor I

Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has had success loading the bootloader (either redboot or uboot) for the iMX35 PDK over JTAG. I've done some Google searching but haven't turned up very much. Any help would be very appreciated! :)

-Brandon

0 Kudos
3 Replies

DilipMannil
Contributor I

Hi

I tried loading u-boot on to i.mx50 board using RVDS . But, on execution it tool throws an error"Stopped on Memory access violation". Step followed are,

1. Added following two lines to ddr_init.inc file,

readfile,raw,gui "X:\uboot\uboot.bin"=0x70000000 /*Our custom board uses CS0 */
setreg @R15=0x70000400 /*Assuming the flash header ends here according to CONFIG_FLASH_HEADER_OFFSET value */

2. Ran this file after connecting to target.

Any idea what is going wrong here?

thanks,

Dilip

0 Kudos

KevinChen_ng
Contributor I

hi, i have successfully loading the redboot into imx51 and imx53. 

maybe my exp can help you:

<1> download redboot package, for example, redboot_201003.zip

<2> unpack and find the "tools" folder.

<3> under this folder, you can find mx35's RVD mem init file. ---------  ddr2_init.inc & mddr_init.inc

<4> and at the end of *.inc, you can see the loading addr for redboot.bin.  and the command that setting PC.

wish lucky.

0 Kudos

qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The default bootloader image(uboot) has a flash header which was used for the boot ROM to initialize the memory and loading the uboot code from storage device to memory. If you want to use JTAG to load the uboot, you can use JTAG script to initialize the the memory first, and put the uboot into memory, but when you jump to the uboot image, you can't put the PC to the first address of the uboot, you should skip the flash header.

0 Kudos