次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

License clarification for Code Signing Tool version 3.3.1

1,063件の閲覧回数
noorahsan
Contributor II

Hello,

I downloaded CST version 3.3.1 from NXP site. Its Software_Content_Register_CST says

Outgoing License: BSD-3-Clause

So it means that it is being released under BSD license. In order to get it from NXP site I have to accpet NXP license. So I am confused under which license CST has been released. Is it BSD or NXP. If it is BSD then how NXP license impacts it. In NXP license you have

Section 2. Licenses

2.1 Open source software included in the Licensed Software is not licensed under the terms of this Agreement but is instead licensed under the terms of the applicable open source license(s), such as the BSD License, Apache License or the GNU Lesser General Public License. Your use of the open source software is subject to the terms of each applicable license. You must agree to the terms of each applicable license, or you cannot use the open source software.

Does this CST falls in this category. Does any other NXP license clause apply. kindly elaborate please. 

0 件の賞賛
2 返答(返信)

1,040件の閲覧回数
noorahsan
Contributor II

Hello, 

I know imx cst 3.3.1 has been release but it sill ask for login. There are two links to download 

1. https://www.nxp.com/webapp/sps/download/license.jsp?colCode=IMX_CST_TOOL_NEW&appType=file1&location=...

this asked for NXP EULA to be accepted. Although SCR file saying its release under BSD so why one has to accpet this EULA. on the other hand following link does not ask for EULA

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMX_CST_TOOL_NEW&location=null

So I am not clear whether EULA Is applicablet on 3.3.1 version or not and under which license this tool has been released.

Kindly help

0 件の賞賛

1,030件の閲覧回数
JeffKudrick
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Within nxp.com, navigation would derive links which require the approval of the EULA.  The one link you provide is the final URL of the file; however, it is not exposed until you accept the EULA.  Using it would imply the EULA was accepted.

The SCR (Software Content Register) file inside the tar lists the licenses the files are sourced under.  There are several licenses, but the NXP licensed source is BSD 3-clause; there are others in there.

The EULA is required.  It ensure both parties understand their rights and obligations; even if the content falls under Section 2.1 with respect to licensing.  Since the contents fall under Section 2.1, distribution rights and requirements are documented within their respective licenses.

0 件の賞賛