cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lib ipu

christophe
Contributor V

Hi all,

I'm trying to use libipu to do a CSI camera capture and display.

If i use V4L2 ioctl commands, i manage to capture and display correctly, but ipu hardware block is not used.

So, i try to use functions described in imx5x_IPU_LIB_UG.pdf but i've no output.

And threre's no doc on ipu ioctl commands.

Someone could say if he uses ipu block and how ?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Philip_FSL
Contributor IV

Actually, the V4L2 interface can do quite some processing.  The V4L2 driver makes use of the same underlying driver/architecture that the ipudev exposes.  So, if you can define a flow that does what you want using V4L2 it is likely as efficient or possibly more so than doing the same flow from IPU dev.

Howerver, if you want to use the IPU dev, I would recommend you have a look at the unit tests delivered with the BSP.  There are some good examples of how to use the IPU APIs in there.

0 Kudos

fcs
Contributor IV

I haven't found the source code for the unit tests described in imx51_IPU_LIB_UG.pdf (note I am using an iMX53 QSB not imx51). I have found that imx-lib-11.09.01 contains library source code for manipulating video flows as described in iMX53RM.pdf, but no examples of its use.

Does anyone have a link to the IPU unit test source??

0 Kudos

christophe
Contributor V

You don't need to open an ipu channel to do a simple capture and output streaming with V4L2 ioctl, that maybe use some basic ipu commands.

But if you want to use all ipu features, you need to use ipu lib and ioctl ipu specific commands.There's rather 2 ways: one efficient and the other not. No ?

0 Kudos

Philip_FSL
Contributor IV

Why do you suggest that the IPU is not being used?  The V4L2 driver is implemented on top of the IPU, so I don't understand how you could be seeing something without using the IPU.

0 Kudos