Kernel booting bring up problem with imx6qpsdbre & imx6dl custom board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel booting bring up problem with imx6qpsdbre & imx6dl custom board

kwyang
Contributor I

Hi, I have some problem with between imx6qpsabresd-EV board and imx6dl-custom board.

I tested with im6qpsabresd EV board, but designed custom board with imx6dl AP.

Here's my situation:

My custom board booting up only u-boot, Kernel booting stops at "Starting kernel"..., but when I put zImage in mx6qpsabresd-EV board, it works fine booting up kernel. I don't understand this part because all kernel build environment is same between imx6qp and imx6dl.

I'm using same build environment as according to i.MX6 BSP manual. It says mx6qp and mx6dl build environment is same like as below

------------------------------------------below---------------------------

source /opt/fsl-imx-fb/4.9.88-2.0.0/environment-setup-cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi
export ARCH=arm

make clean
make imx_v7_defconfig
make

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional information.

My custom board has different RAM size, so I used RAM stress tester and it passed everything. After that I put all revised RAM address with mxsabresd.cfg files and plug.s files.

please share any information with this problem! 

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi kiwon

for different ddr size it is necessary to rebuild uboot with appropriate parameter

#define PHYS_SDRAM_SIZE in uboot/include/configs/mx6sabresd.h  

mx6sabresd.h\configs\include - uboot-imx - i.MX U-Boot 

and fully rebuild image for custom "imx6dlsabresd" board

using sect.5.1 Build configurations attached Yocto Guide.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos