cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues about downloading U-Boot.imx on MX6DL

tony_l_cai
Contributor III

Hi, all

In our customized board, we used the  uboot.bin in android 4.2 and it could work. and now,we porting Android 5.0, referring to the android users guide.pdf, that it was required to download the uboot.imx, but it didnt work(no uart log was printed) by the same ucl2.xml config, So we need to change the config? and ucl2.xml is following:

<LIST name="Android-SabreSD-eMMC" desc="Choose eMMC as media">

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="boot" body="BootStrap" file ="u-boot-mx6dl-sabresd.bin" >Loading U-boot</CMD>

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="load" file="hh_em07_mfg/uImage" address="0x10800000"

loadSection="OTH" setSection="OTH" HasFlashHeader="FALSE" >Loading Kernel.</CMD>

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="load" file="initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot" address="0x10C00000"

loadSection="OTH" setSection="OTH" HasFlashHeader="FALSE" >Loading Initramfs.</CMD>

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="jump" > Jumping to OS image. </CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=512 seek=1536 count=16">clean up u-boot parameter</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0boot0/force_ro">access boot partition 1</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="send" file="files/android/u-boot.imx">Sending U-Boot</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ dd if=$FILE of=/dev/mmcblk0boot0 bs=512 seek=2 skip=2">write U-Boot to sd card</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo 1 > /sys/block/mmcblk0boot0/force_ro"> re-enable read-only access</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo Update Complete!">Done</CMD>

so help, 3Q~

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I think you need to use the new version of MFGtool. you can download it from here:

i.MX6Q|i.MX 6Quad Processors|Quad Core|Freescale

--> IMX-L5.0.0-MFG-TOOL

0 Kudos

tony_l_cai
Contributor III

I have download the latest tool,and then? Could give me some info indetail. 3Q~

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

and then modify the ucl2.xml base on your needs.

When you see the script in ucl2.xml, it is different from the old version of BSP. You need to send the .dtb file to the board also.

0 Kudos

tony_l_cai
Contributor III

Hi,jimmy

Our customized Board didnt use the DTB, could we still need to send the DTB to our board ? 3Q~

Another question, we need to download the uboot.imx not uboot.bin,and I dont know whether the diffrences between  the MFG Firmware fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx6qdlsolo.cpio.gz.u-boot and initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot  will impact on the downloading. Currently, I always use initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot when downloading. did I need to change it to   Firmware fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx6qdlsolo.cpio.gz.u-boot? So help please~ 3Q~

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Mfgtool is running a small linux system first and then use the linux command to program the target images to the board.

So, in the "BootStrap" part of script, it loads the firmware's bootloader, kernel and filesystem to the RAM.

Then boot up the board, and then the "Updater" part is programming the target images (also bootloader, kernel and filesystem) to the board.

To answer your question, the initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot is the RAM filesystem for the small linux.

For the "BootStrap" part of script, I think you can use your old firmware.

Then refer to "Updater" part in the ucl2.xml of the new MFGtool (android_L5.0.0_1.0.0-ga_tools).

0 Kudos