cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Starting Weston on i.MX93: Wayland Backend Missing

elFunko
Contributor II

Hi everybody!

I’m encountering issues when trying to start Weston on my NXP i.MX93 EVK and would appreciate any guidance. Below are the details of my setup and the errors I’m facing:

Setup:

• Board: Custom i.MX93 DK
  • Weston version: 12.0.3
  • Kernel version: 6.6.28
  • Yocto-based environment

Problem:

When I try to start Weston with use-g2d=true in the weston.ini file, I get the following error:

[14:45:05.751] Failed to load module: /usr/lib/libweston-12/wayland-backend.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[14:45:05.751] fatal: failed to create compositor backend

In the /usr/lib/libweston-12/ directory the wayland-backend.so is missing. Here’s the list of available modules:- drm-backend.so - g2d-renderer.so - gl-renderer.so - xwayland.so

Additional details:

• When I set use-g2d=false in the weston.ini, Weston starts without issues but only has like 5fps.

• My weston.ini looks like this:

[core]
use-g2d=true
repaint-window=16
gbm-format=argb8888
idle-time=0
xwayland=true

[libinput]
touchscreen_calibrator=true

[screen-share]
command=/usr/bin/weston --backend=rdp-backend.so --shell=fullscreen-shell.so --no-clients-resize

I was able to manually start Weston using the DRM backend, which works fine and also has a higher framer rate than when I put use-g2d on false. However, I would like to understand why the Wayland backend is missing from my image and how I can add it.

Why is the wayland-backend.so missing from my Yocto image? What steps should I take to ensure that this backend is properly included during the image build?

Are there any specific configurations I need to adjust in Yocto or during the Weston build to ensure that both the Wayland backend and G2D acceleration work correctly?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Elia

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You are playing with non-suppoted version and the galcore is passing as module you might try the 6.6.23 bsp.

Regards

0 Kudos

elFunko
Contributor II
Ahh and I forgot to add: When I use the Weston version 13 provided by the Poky Layer, I have no problems except that it is very slow and has a very low framerate.
0 Kudos