cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in flashing Android P9.0.0_1.0.2_AUTO_Alpha using UUU tool

mohammed_sha
Contributor II

Hi All,

I am trying to flash Android Auto (Android P9.0.0_1.0.2_AUTO_Alpha) prebuilt image to IMX8qxp MEK board using UUU tool. UUU tool is failed to flash the image onto the reference board at ERASE userdata. The steps executed as per the Android Quick start guide document.

I have modified partition table data in the uuu script (uuu-android-mx8qxp-mek-emmc.lst) as the EMMC size is 32GB.

This is the last message shown while executing the uuu tool
Success 0    Failure 0                                                                                                                                               

1/ 0   [                            ]                                                                                                                          
1:3   19/21   [============100%============] FB[-t 600000]: ERASE userdata

After uuu tool stops
Success 0    Failure 0                                                                                                                                               

Success 0    Failure 0                                                                                                                                                

Success 0    Failure 1                                                                                                                                                

I have attached the console log along with this. Please help me on this.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

mohammed_sha
Contributor II

The partition table change made issue in flashing. The default uuu-android-mx8qxp-mek-emmc.lst script worked without any change.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

so you fix the issue using uuu-android-mx8qxp-mek-emmc.lst, right?

0 Kudos

mohammed_sha
Contributor II

HI Joan Xie,

1546412872623.JPEG

We could able to flash and boot the iMX8qxp MEK board with uuu-android-mx8qxp-mek-emmc.lst script. But in storage the size is showing as 16GB instead of 32GB( this is the actual size of Emmc in MEK board). The image is attached along with this reply for reference. I guess we need to change the partition image to get 32GB of storage, but when we change the partition image name to "partition-table-29GB.img" then flashing steps is getting failed.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I downloaded the P9 image, is it typo? I only see the "partition-table-28GB.img" not 29GB, pls double check it

0 Kudos

mohammed_sha
Contributor II

Hi joan,

yes it was an TYPO. We replaced to "partition-table-28GB.img" in the uuu script.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I checked the android user guide, "partition-table-28GB.img" : GPT partition table image. Used for 32 GB SD card. it seems this isn't for eMMC, I think you can use mksdcard-android.sh.tar to partitions your eMMC like mfgtool, which is located in the mfgtool, I attached it

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

how about try to use          Android P9.0.0_1.0.0_Beta for your MEX board? not auto image.