Is there a demo about BootLoader and APP in the rt595 SDK?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a demo about BootLoader and APP in the rt595 SDK?

Dave_SU
Contributor III

Hi,

Is there any example of BootLoader and APP for reference? I want to remove the FCB file in APP and jump to APP through BootLoader.

How to compile app with GCC tools.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Dave_SU 

I hope that you are doing great!

Are you intending to implement and OTA , where you have a bootloader stored in flash? Or do you simply require to program an image in a production environment?

if you are looking for an OTA

We have  the MCU-OTA SFW Project  which supports a wide variety of RT devices , including the RT595 EVK . This project  provides a secondary bootloader, with the respective application (hello world)., both can be constructed using GCC, as described on the MCU-OTA SBL and SFW User Guide

On the SDK we have  evkmimxrt595_ota_bootloader, this bootloader will receive an image and communicate through blhost.

diego_charles_1-1657670748499.png

If you are looking for programming under a production environment

We have the Secure Provisioning tool , or the MCU boot utility. Which inject a Flashloader binary to the MCU. Additionally they let you add boot information to any image.

diego_charles_2-1657670893794.png

In the case you want to use a  flasloader project , Segger provides one.

The flashloader is resident in SRAM and it is for a single use. You can acces to a flashloader project. See this application note Optimizing Flashloader Download Speed on RT Platform with JLink

Regarding How to compile app with GCC tools.

Could you give me more details about this ? We offer an  SDK where you do not need to  an IDE.

All the best, 

Diego.

0 Kudos