Is it possible to use Qt Embedded on Sabre Automative?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use Qt Embedded on Sabre Automative?

bcan
Contributor I

Hello all,

I have a sabre automative board, I just started to use Qt embedded and used its flash boot to Qt device tool for Sabre SD.

I booted SD via this tool and inserted it to board but nothing happened. There is no uboot screen or terminal movement.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

ajithpv
Contributor V

Short Answer - Yes, Qt will work on SABRE Automotive board.

Long answer - The problem that you are facing is not just because of the Qt, but related to your configuration. We are also working on Qt (GPL version )with SABRE Automotive and our custom platforms (based on i.MX6 processors). All are working fine.

You need to 'bitbake' the Yocto with qt5 and x11 backend (windowing system). Then everything will work pretty straight forward.

0 Kudos

bcan
Contributor I

I have a few questions :

1) We are trying to compile qt5 with buildroot. We are selecting and compiling configuration files and face no problem but after compilation of uboot,kernel and rootfs and writing down them to SD, board can't detect it. So what are we missing?

2)When I try another uboot, board start the uboot but can't see the kernel. I folllow these steps :

Buildroot for the i.MX6 sabre sd platform in a few commands

3) We faced same problem about flash to boot on Beaglebone Black. It tried to boot the SD but couldn't achieve. We followed preparing hardware docs on both systems. Can there be a software problem?

4) If we manage to bitbake it, will Qt recognize Sabre automative for direct device deployment, on-device debugging?

5) If it will not be a problem or you, can you show where you got your image for sabre auto?

0 Kudos

ajithpv
Contributor V

Yuri Muhin​ , Could you please help​ him to get Qt working on SABRE platform

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

For NXP Yocto BSP (L4.1.15) :

$ DISTRO=fsl-imx-fb MACHINE=imx6qsabreauto source fsl-setup-release.sh –b build-fb

$ bitbake fsl-image-qt5

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bahadir,

Problably you have a Terminal setup issue, please follow the section 3 of the iMX Linux User Guide document, for download the proper driver to setup with serial terminal. Also verify your Jumper J3 to position SD card in section 4.5.3

regards

0 Kudos

bcan
Contributor I

I managed build in yocto/open embedded linux sameday and got no issue with it. Can't there be another problem? I also tried this code on a linux machine when usb has the Qt image :

lsblk -d

It shows SD with name mmcblk0.

0 Kudos