cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing 5 wire resistive touch screen to i.MX 93 on Windows IOT

Naveen_V_M
Contributor I

Hello All,

We have to interface a 5 wire resistive touch screen(1 Sense via ADC and 4 data lines via GPIO) to i.MX 93(Currently using i.MX 93 EVK).

What touch interface(Or any built in touch screen controller) is available with i.MX93/EVK?

What Windows IOT drivers are provided by NXP in their BSP/Firmware package?

Do we have any means to connect a 5 wire resistive touch screen to i.MX 93 EVK?

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Frantisek_Prochaska
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

Naveen_V_M
Contributor I

Thanks for your answer @ramprakash08 .

Do we have any external plug n play touch screen controller that can be interfaced to i.MX 93 as a quick solution? something like this http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/41606B.pdf

AR1100 seems to be quite old, we are trying to evaluate if there's any interface that NXP recommends.

0 Kudos

ramprakash08
Contributor IV

Based on the information provided, it seems you are trying to interface a 5-wire resistive touch screen to an i.MX 93 EVK. While the i.MX 93 EVK does not have a built-in touch screen controller, it is possible to interface a 5-wire resistive touch screen using the GPIO and ADC interfaces.

For the 5-wire resistive touch screen, one line is used for sensing via ADC and the other 4 lines are used for data via GPIO. The touch screen controller will need to be able to switch between these lines to read the touch position. This can be done using the GPIO interface on the i.MX 93 EVK.

As for the Windows IOT drivers, NXP does not provide specific drivers for touch screens in their BSP/Firmware package. However, Windows IOT does support generic HID touch drivers which should work with most touch screens. You will need to configure the touch screen to work as a HID device and make sure the correct drivers are installed on the Windows IOT system.

0 Kudos