Integration FocalTech Capacitive touch over imx6.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration FocalTech Capacitive touch over imx6.

prasannakulkarni
Contributor IV

We have integrated focaltech capacitive touch over imx6 platform, by default eGalax touch_screen was being used in imx6 plat, after integration of touch driver, it's started behaving like a mouse_touchpad, we had to hold it and drag to change the location, even to press any button we had click it twice, almost two days we had spent on this issue, we had doubted our driver, kept changing ""reporting_events" procedure in driver but it didnt work for us. finally tried to add idc file for our touch at location /system/usr/idc/  and just renamed eGalax_touch_screen.idc to ft5x0x_ts.idc and rebooted. it was fantastic, our touch started working..............:) developers have to mention such dependency, some platforms doesn't need such idc files. simply we will keep on changing driver........

Labels (4)
12 Replies

pengxingwei
Contributor III

hello,

recently,I also do some work about FT5X06,but  the screen can't work ,there is no reflect when I touch the screen ,then I checked it ,it seem that  the interrupt  of touch ic has problem  .the some files or message as follows:

pastedImage_0.pngout

can you give me some advice about this? Thank you !

0 Kudos

pushpateja
Contributor I

I am trying to bringup the ft5x06 touch screen in kitkat 4.4.2 in i.mx sabresd reference board i integrated the driver and i updated the .idc file also. i changed gpio pins and muxes according to my custom board .in my log i can able see my driver was registered but my i2c read error was coming please guide me in this issue.

Thanks&Regards,

pushpa  teja

0 Kudos

prasannakulkarni
Contributor IV

Hello Pushpa,

It seems your I2C Communication itself is not happening, check the i2c client address properly and also see the i2c client registration in the board file. probe should happen properly. before trying at filesystem, you first try to see it at kernel level by giving the command getevent. then touch the touchscreen and see if events are coming!!!  then only you can proceed further.

0 Kudos

pushpateja
Contributor I

HI Prasanna ,

I am using the slave address of 0x38 and in my kernel log i can able to see my probe was sucessfull in the same log i am getting i2c read error. I have tried with getevent with perticular event number it was strucked not getting any output and also itried   cat /proc/bus/input/devices  it was showing to me  my device and event1.i given getevent /dev/input/event1 it was getting struck not getting any output .

0 Kudos

prasannakulkarni
Contributor IV

Hi Pushpa,

This seems i2c bus is getting hung, check for other clients which are connected over the same bus!!!. and also for touch there are two gpios RST and INT pins. check whether these are properly configured!! Getvent should work if you configured properly. use i2c tools like i2cget, i2cset to manually access touchscreen's registers.

0 Kudos

pushpateja
Contributor I

HI,

I checked for other clients it was coming i used i2ctools of i2c detect i got

1. 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f 
  2. 00:          -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -UU-- -- -- --  
  3. 10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --  
  4. 20: -- -- -- -- -- UU -- -- -- -UU-- -- -- -- -- --  
  5. 30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 3 -- -- -- -- -- --  
  6. 40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --  
  7. 50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --  
  8. 60: -- -- -- -- UU -- -- -- -- -- 60 -- -- -- -- --  
  9. 70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --     

i used i2cget and i2cset it i am getting read failed .remaining clients i can able to read but i cant read .I tested by using oscilloscope i am getting negative address for 9th clock please can u guide me over this

Regards,

pushpa teja

0 Kudos

prasannakulkarni
Contributor IV

Hi ,

This issue looks very peculiar, manual i2c read/write not happening means some h/w issue..

0 Kudos

pushpateja
Contributor I

HI Prasanna,

I solved i2c read error issue now i can able to read and write some registers which is having in driver code.some registers i am getting read and write errors. i given getevent and assained event no .i am not getting any thing simply it was blank.please guide me to solve this issue.

0 Kudos

varunjeevangoud
Contributor I

hey pushpa,

i referred your code,i'm getting -->msg ft5x0x_read_reg i2c read error: -5.And using i2cdetect command i'm getting UU suppose to get 0x38, using i2cset it saying resource or device busy. how u solved  this isuues??

0 Kudos

raymondwang
Senior Contributor I

Yes, We encountered the same issue.

0 Kudos

PKZ
Contributor III

Hi Prasanna,

How many touch point are you using? i think the ft5x06 can support up to 10 points. Is the driver you have support up to 10 points?

Thanks,

PK

0 Kudos

prasannakulkarni
Contributor IV

No the driver supports Max 5. so it is five point touch........

0 Kudos