cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing .apk files on Marshmallow for iMX6Q/QP SabreSD

Jump to solution
gabrielvalcazar
Contributor IV

Hi everyone! I'm currently trying to run some tests on both iMX6Q and iMX6QP SabreSD running Android Marshmallow. To do this, I need to install some .apk files on both modules, but I'm having trouble doing so.

I only have an HDMI display available, and when trying to use ADB in debug mode I am unable to grant the host computer permission to do so because I can only plug in one USB device at a time: either a mouse or a micro-USB to USB cable connected to the host. I've tried to follow the steps in the FAQ to use ADB over Ethernet, but I can't disable the ro.adb.secure property on the Android command line because of its restrictions.

As a last resort, I've tried building the Android system image with the .apk files included, but this time the OS doesn't even

boot.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a proper way to do this with my current setup? I would imagine using an LVDS touchscreen to click 'OK' on the debug prompt would bypass this problem completely, but I don't have one at the moment.

Let me know if I should attach more information to this question.

Thanks for your time,

Gabriel

android 6.0.1 marshmallow‌

imx6 sabresd‌

#apk

Labels (3)
1 Solution
gabrielvalcazar
Contributor IV

I've solved this issue. As it turns out, I was cutting the first boot short, causing the restrictions to happen. After letting the first boot finish completely, the restrictions are gone and I'm able to install the .apk files.

Best regards,

Gabriel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
gabrielvalcazar
Contributor IV

I've solved this issue. As it turns out, I was cutting the first boot short, causing the restrictions to happen. After letting the first boot finish completely, the restrictions are gone and I'm able to install the .apk files.

Best regards,

Gabriel

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gabriel,

For this case, you could try using the “keys” that Android stores on the device itself, and on the Host system on where the ADB is running, and manually modify the keys for match; in this way the ADB will be able to be started without asking for the authorization.

Below is an example of a related case for other platform:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31638582/android-adb-devices-unauthorized

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gabrielvalcazar
Contributor IV

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, I'm unable to edit the keys file on the device.

Regards,

Gabriel

0 Kudos