Install Google play on i.MX 7ULP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Google play on i.MX 7ULP

zoy74758
Contributor II

I have an i.MX 7ULP development board and I need to install google play service on it for a test purpose as many apps depend on it.

I download the image ARM 8.1 pico from open gapps.

Then via adb, I placed the system in boot recovery and sideload the image.

The installation fails due to the signature mismatch.

- Is it possible to re-sign this zip file for this board?
- If not, how can I change the signature on their source code?

Labels (2)
3 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Since the i.MX7ULP processor is still in pre-production stage, no detailed documentation is publicly available for it yet. The documentation will become avaialable at the moment of the processor's official launch that is scheduled to the end of June 2019.

About the google play service you can refer to the follow thread, hope can do help for you.

You need to follow the Android Compatibility Program (ACP) process outlined at https://source.android.com/compatibility/index.html to properly add the Play Store to your device.

How to install the Google Play Store manually - AndroidPIT

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos

zoy74758
Contributor II

Dear Rita,

Thank you for your reply.

How come google play store apk file can work while google play service is not installed.
Google play service installation requires adb sideload and the binary files must have been signed .

I also did not understand what to do with the first link. It does not provide any way to download google play nor it offers any purchase.

ChandlerHH
Contributor I

Hi zoy,

Did you have installed Google Play service and relative apk, then made it work ?

I meet same issue on imx8mm board now.

Could you tell me the method if you have resolved this ?

Many thanks!

Chandler

0 Kudos