Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imx8qmmek Sdcard Image Support

Jump to solution
abossert
Contributor I

Problem

I need help getting a bootable sdcard for the imx8qmmek. The software from the release site here contains a .sdcard image. If I write that to an sdcard the system boots. What I want to be able to do is build that image. When I try to build an image with the steps outlined in the fsl-community-bsp-platform repo I do not get the .sdcard image as an output.

A solution would be to get the steps to build the sdcard image.

Things I've Tried

I have tried the .wic file output but it does not boot board. When I inspect the wic file with fdisk it doens't match the .sdcard image in the release. This leads me to believe the wic isn't being created correctly or its not the image I need to create a bootable .sdcard.

.wic image:

pastedImage_1.png

.sdcard image:

pastedImage_2.png

I'v also tired adding sdcard to IMAGE_FSTYPES in my local.conf. I get the following build error when I attempt this.

pastedImage_5.png

Any support is appreciated.

~ Andrew

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrew

one can check sect.5 Image Build Yocto Guide included in

Linux L4.14.98_2.0.0 Documentation

Best regards
igor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abossert
Contributor I

Following up; I was able to build the .sdcard image. What I was doing wrong was using this setup command from the fsl Community BSP.

source ./setup-environment build

This will no pull in the layer needed to build the .sdcard file. The .sdcard file support comes from meta-fsl-bsp-release, specifically the image_type_fsl.bbclass. In order to get that layer use the setup command in the Linux L4.14.98_2.0.0 Documentation. 

$ DISTRO=<distro name> MACHINE=<machine name> source fsl-setup-release.sh -b <build dir>

Also which url is used to repo init is important too. The manifests here will pull in the meta-fsl-bsp-release layer but the FSL Community manifest will not.

~ Andrew

0 Kudos
abossert
Contributor I

Hey igor,

Thanks for your quick response. Is there a specific command or script, like a bitbake recipe, you can point me to to recreate the .sdcard image or are these manual steps the best way to create a bootable sdcard for the Multisensory Enablement Kit?

~ Andrew

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrew

one can check sect.5 Image Build Yocto Guide included in

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrew

for build steps one can check

i.MX8 Boot process and creating a bootable image 

Build Apalis iMX8/Colibri iMX8X Boot Image/Linux from Scratch 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------