Imx6ul boot with nand flash exception

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imx6ul boot with nand flash exception

Contributor I

Dear NXP sir,

We use nand flash (MT29F2G08ABAEAWP) on imx6ul,  It can burn image, and can power on and can work some times, but if I insert network cable or insert usb cable, the imx6ul will hangs,  uart console can't input anything, and can't receive anything.   But  if boot with SD card,  imx6ul works very well.

thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Contributor I

Hi igorpadykov,

Thanks for your reponse,  I don't think that casues by power supplies. because it works well with sd card boot. and if I use vi to open a file, then input something to the file, and then input "wq" to save and exit, the target will hang too without inserting any cables. 

btw, if replace kernel with linux-imx-4.1.15-r0, can not find the issue,  so I think may by it's a bug with linux-imx-4.9.88-r0.  But I don't know how to debug this.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi zhang

in such case reason may be memory errors and one can test it with

i.MX6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool V3.00 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi zhang

inserting cables may cause board power supplies instability if there are

some ungrounded (floating) external power supplies (belonging to usb ot network devices).

So one can pay attention to proper grounding and recheck board supplies using

Hardware Development Guide for the i.MX 6UltraLite Applications Processor
http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX6ULHDG.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos