Imx6q trouble with USB and PCIE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imx6q trouble with USB and PCIE

alexisfronteau
Contributor III

Hi, I am developing an application based on Imx6Q with a linux kernel 3.14.52. I have a USB3.0 connecting to the PCIE port of the imx6q through a xHCI Host controller (TUSB7320) and I also have a Wifi USB module (RLT8723bu) connecting to a usb port. the wifi module ahs 2 interfaces so it can be used simultaneously in Acess Point and in client mode. When I set the client mode interface up, I can ping a distant server on internet but when I plug an USB key, the interface shut down and re-open when I unplug the USB Key. Did I miss something in USB configuration or something ? 

I am using wpa_supplicant and udhcpc to manage the client connection. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexis,

If you are starting a new i.MX6-based application, it is recommended considering the use of the most recent BSP; you could refer to L4.14.78_1.0.0_MX6QDLSOLOX.

Additionally, if you are using a PCI-USB3 controller, and also a USB-WiFi, it is recommended ensuring the proper functionality of each one before cascading them (for example, as the BPS for i.MX6 does not support USB3, implement the USB-WiFi functionality on the already-supported USB2 ports).

On the other hand, you should also verify the proper networking support for the USB-WiFi device that you are mentioning, as the networking stack should be able to handle multiple networks if it is Client-and-Access point at the same time.

In case of requiring support on this custom scenario, you may consider NXP Professional Services.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos