cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1064 How to use and configure SRAM with SEMC

Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dear Authorized,

I am aiming to use SRAM interface with SEMC. I know that IMXRT1064-EVK has SDRAM and it is possible to configure SDRAM via MCUXpresso Config Tools as seen in below picture:

Lukas_Frank_0-1660735441870.png

I have following two question:

Q1: I want to know that how it is possible to configure and use SRAM with or without MCUXpresso Config Tools?
Q2: How can I configure SRAM to use it with SEMC?

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dear @Omar_Anguiano ,

I have following questions related to issue:

Q1-)I found and configured INTEN register but I could not found INTR register. How can I find it? And, does it matter whether I find it or not?

Q2-)Which SRAM device mentioned in step 6  ? Does it mention SRAM attached to the EVK board?

(Step 6:Configure SRAM Control Registers with valid settings that matchs SRAM device)

Q3-)What should I do after I set these configurations correctly? (as seen below Picture 1). Is there any usage example of SRAM in SDK or anywhere, I could not find it?

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

|||||||| Picture 1: ||||||||

Lukas_Frank_1-1661166328473.png

Q4-)Will I use the Arm Platform Memory Map (Reference Manual Table 3-1. as seen in Picture 2) to configure "Base address" of Base Register 6 for SRAM? For example, will I set Base address as 0x80000512 or anything between 8000_0000 and DFFF_FFFF.

|||||||| Picture 2: ||||||||

Lukas_Frank_2-1661166375743.png

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I will gladly answer your questions:

A1) You can find it in the memory map register:

Omar_Anguiano_0-1661900532285.png

A2) It does not mention any specific SRAM, this step details that you need to set timing parameters according to the values listed in the datasheet of the specific SRAM you are going to use.

A3) After the configuration is complete you can initialize the module and device with the parameters you just set. After this, you are able to read/write. Unfortunately, there is not an example yet but I´m working on a document that will help set SEMC for SRAM.
In that document, I´m planning to add some sample code that might be used as a reference for your SRAM application.
This document will be posted soon.

A4) Yes, you need to put memory map address in BR6 in the range of 0x8000_0000 - 0xDFFF_FFFF
You might want to use data type semc_sram_config_t, there you can set the address field at 0x8000_0000 and configure SRAM with SEMC_ConfigureSRAM().

Omar_Anguiano_1-1661900651637.png

If you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
Hope you are well. Let me answer your questions:

A1: Yes it is possible. You need to use the latest IDE and SDK release:

Omar_Anguiano_0-1660868888643.png

A2:

• Configure MCR[DQSMD] bit to select the read clock source for synchronous mode. Suggest to set it with 0x1 to reach high clock frequency.
  • Configure IOCR register to choose chip select pins.
  • Configure BMCR0/1 registers to adjust AXI bus access efficiency scheme.
  • Configure Base Register 6 with base address, memory size and valid information.
  • Configure INTEN and INTR registers if need to generate interrupt.
  • Configure SRAM Control Registers with valid settings that matches SRAM device.
  • Initialize SRAM device by IP command registers (IPCR0/1/2, IPCMD and IPTXDAT) if needed.
  • Write and read operations can be triggered by AXI or IP command.

If you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Dear @Omar_Anguiano ,

Thank you for your feed back. I will ask if I have more.

Best wishes,

0 Kudos