显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

IMXRT1021 OTA update with secondary bootloader

1,107 次查看
Rp777
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using MCUXpresso IDE(we have a custom board). we are trying to write a secondary bootloader for ota update through webserver.

We have used evkbmimxrt1060_lwip_httpssrv_ota_wifi and ported to 1021.

We have used evkbmimxrt1060_ota_bootloader for reference and made the changes for 1021.

We are uploading the secondary boot loader on the flash beginning address. (we need  similar to 1060 wifi_ota example) .

The bootloader fails in mem_init function.

Is there any example code for bootloader for 1021 similar to 1060 SDK?

Requirement:

1. Secondary bootloader implementation on flash base address
  2. secondary Bootloader jumps to application
  3. Application running with webserver, and download new binary firmware into other region in flash
  4. Verify new firmware received Bootloader select new firmware and jump to new application.
0 项奖励
回复
5 回复数

1,094 次查看
Rp777
Contributor I

Hi @kerryzhou 

Sorry for the delayed response.

Thank you for you response, 

Yes its QSPI flash.

You mean to say i should try the flashloader example of 1020 sdk first?

0 项奖励
回复

1,083 次查看
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Rp777 ,

Thanks for your private message code.

Do you test it on the NXP MIMXRT1020-EVK board, also meet the issues or not?

You mentioned it fails in mem_init, which detail function, give me the related debug result.

I checked your code, you already use the RT1020 related files in the SDK.

Do you try to build release project, and download it to the MIMXRT1020-EVK board, then test it with the blhost, whether your usb connection works or not?

As the ota_bootloader also can support the flashloader function.

The ISP related command:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/RT1060-OTA-bootloader-ISP-and-swap-rollback-usag...

2.2 ISP test related command

You can try it on your side.

Due to COVID-2019, I am limited to working at home, and don't have the MIMXRT1020-EVK board on my side, so I can't test it, and need your test result to analysis it.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 项奖励
回复

1,080 次查看
Rp777
Contributor I

Hi @kerryzhou ,

Thank you for your response.!

Will test and get back to you.

0 项奖励
回复

1,077 次查看
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Rp777 ,

As I know, already have one customer port it and make it works both on the MIMXRT1020-EVK and the customer board.

So, don't be afraid, just do more testing, it must can work.

Best Regards,

kerry

0 项奖励
回复

1,100 次查看
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Rp777 ,

How do you porting the ota_bootloader from RT1060 to the RT1020, do you change all the related driver to the RT1021 related driver:

\RT1020\SDK_2_11_0_EVK-MIMXRT1020\middleware\mcu-boot

SDK_2_11_0_EVK-MIMXRT1020\devices\MIMXRT1021

About the memory, do you use the same external flash as the MIMXRT1060-EVK board or not? The QSPI flash?

You can also share me some issues screen when you debug the code.

BTW, before your download bootloader code, you need to make sure your customer RT1020 board can run with the normal SDK RT1020 code, just make sure your hardware works without issues.

Best Regards,

kerry

0 项奖励
回复