IMX8mp: fsl-nxp-bsp-mickledore: Gstreamer videocrop: "error ... has viewport source outside buffer"

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

IMX8mp: fsl-nxp-bsp-mickledore: Gstreamer videocrop: "error ... has viewport source outside buffer"

338 次查看
TerryBarnaby1
Contributor IV

We are running a build of NXP's fsl-nxp-bsp-mickledore on an IMX8mp platform using Wayland and Weston for GUI and GStreamer for video processing. We have an issue when we try and use GStreamer's "videocrop" plugin/module. As a test case if I run:

gst-launch-1.0 -v videotestsrc is_live=true ! video/x-raw,width=720,height=576,framerate=25/1 ! videocrop top=30 ! waylandsink

I see the error message: "wp_viewport@17: error 2: wl_surface@14 has viewport source outside buffer".

This runs fine under Fedora37 (Uses gstreamer 1.22.5 close to the IMX8's 1.22.8 and it works with Weston 11.0.3 run under X11 (The IMX8 is using NXP's Weston 11.0.3)). It is difficult to work out where the problem resides (GStreamer/Wayland/Weston etc.) but I suspect it is in the NXP version of gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad or maybe NXP's version of Weston.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this issue or have any ideas ?

0 项奖励
回复
2 回复数

307 次查看
brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @TerryBarnaby1,

Thank you for contacting NXP Support.

Based on the i.MX Linux User's Guide (nxp.com) section 7.3.17 Video Conversion you can use the following Gstreamer plugin:

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! videocrop top=10 bottom=10 right=10 left=10 !
imxvideoconvert_g2d videocrop-meta-enable=true ! queue ! ximagesink display=:0

Have a great day!

0 项奖励
回复

296 次查看
TerryBarnaby1
Contributor IV

No we can't use that as the NXP systems use the dreaded Wayland for its graphics interface rather than X11.I suspect the manual you refer to is hopelessly out of date.

Also the GStreamer waylandsink module is quite efficient at performing the cropping and scaling in a single bitblit operation probably handled underneath by the G2D hardware engine.

Unfortunately there is a bug in the NXP modified Weston or GStreamer code that is causing this issue. This code doesn't seem to have been worked on in some time and is lagging the upstream versions. I'm not sure if the bug was in the original upstream version or in NXP's changes.

0 项奖励
回复