您的意思是: 
已解决

IMX8MP unused pins configuration and iomuxc Linux driver

跳至解决方案
1,012 次查看
jgrossholtz
Contributor I

Hi,

My questions relates with a board that is using an imx8mp, but I guess the answer would be similar to other i.MX processors.

I have a board with a SOM. Many pins from the SOM connector are not connected to anything on the baseboard. From what I read here and here those pins must be configured as gpio input and pull-up.

I would like to know how to achieve that under Linux and/or U-Boot :

• Is it sufficient to ensure that unused SoC components are marked as unused in the device-tree nodes ? Maybe the default boot state for all unused pins is "pull-up gpio input" or maybe the iomux driver takes care of this default case ?
  • Or should those pins be explicitly and individually be configured with the fsl,imx8mp-iomuxc driver and a node to configure all unused pins ?

I was not able to find an example of pinctrl configuration for unused pins within Linux sources. So I guess it is more likely to be the first case ?

I also would like to know what pinmuxing mistakes could lead to damage the SoC and therefore what should I be really careful with ?

Thanks a lot,

标记 (1)
0 项奖励
回复
1 解答
978 次查看
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

for unused pins, you can refer to the enclosed file as HW design, for SW, if these pins are not mux for other functions, you can just ignore them

在原帖中查看解决方案

2 回复数
979 次查看
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

for unused pins, you can refer to the enclosed file as HW design, for SW, if these pins are not mux for other functions, you can just ignore them

970 次查看
jgrossholtz
Contributor I

Thank you @joanxie , it makes sense.

0 项奖励
回复