cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8M Plus - Software update and Boot config

YoavBenita
Contributor II

Hi,

My carrier board for the IMX8MP will contain a memory device (eMMC) and USB3(USB1 ports)

The IMX8MP will be programmed only via USB and the program file will be save at eMMC (boot from eMMC).

Regarding the initial program:

- in which state the boot strap shall be for programming via USB and boot from the eMMC ?

- There is a way to reset the device (internally) for new boot after programming without using button for reset?

Regarding software:

- How can i make a software update (without the USB/JTAG ) ? the idea is to make an option for software update once the our costumer using the product via main FPGA (UART ? SPI ? )

thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

If eMMC will be in a clean state, you may set it to boot from eMMC since the memory will be clean ROM code will jump to Serial download so you may flash trough USB.

Yes, it may be possible to do so, like using an application for OTA updates like SWUpdate
https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/SWUpdate-OTA-i-MX8MM-EVK-i-MX8QXP-MEK/ta...

Well, the above is an option using network or from storage, but we do not support using UART or SPI as a medium to download software.

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

YoavBenita
Contributor II

Hi,

Which hardware peripheral are required to support the OTA ?

The only storage i have is the eMMC.

0 Kudos