取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

IMX8 watchdog timer

101 次查看
kturner
Contributor I

I've successfully executed the demo evkmimx8mp_wdog01.  The readme.md states "Please note this application can't support running with Linux BSP!". 

Can you explain why the application on the M7 cannot run with Linux running on the A53?  Can the constraint be removed so that I can use WDOG1 through systemd on the Linux A53 and use WDOG3 on the M7 with an application started through remoteproc facility?

0 项奖励
回复
2 回复数

70 次查看
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can check:

For enabling wdog in linux one can refer to sect.2.11.7 Menu Configuration Options i.Mx linux reference manual 

regarding uboot, wdog can be configured in scfw codes (board.c file)  SCFW porting

Regards

0 项奖励
回复

58 次查看
kturner
Contributor I
Thank you. I'm using a TQMa8MPxL. The kernel configuration menu options for the Watchdog Timer Support include "IMX2+ Watchdog" and "IMX7ULP Watchdog" but the option for "IMX8 Watchdog" is not available. I'm guessing I might be working with an older version of the kernel where that particular config wasn't available. Does that seem a likely explanation. Is "IMX8 Watchdog" an option that is critical to using WDOG1 from the A53 and WDOG3 from the M7?
0 项奖励
回复