Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8 Unreal andVulkan Error

Jump to solution
Daniel_Wax
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have a question about the Vulkan capabilities supported by the i.MX8QM.  We have been trying to get the Unreal Engine to run through Linux using Vulkan.  We have got a point where we are seeing an error that doesn’t quite make sense.

“Error: MapFormatSupport: DepthStencil is not supported with Vk format 130”

Is this deliberate or an issue?  Is this something that has been fixed or could be fixed?

Based on the Vulkan spec (link), this format should have been supported in Vulkan 1.0 which leaves me a little confused since I believe this is supported by the i.MX8.

Linux version is 5.4.154

Vulkan library is libvulkan_VSI.so.1.1.6 which is pulled from a freescale git repo (link)

As far as this comment:

“One last thing Is that the graphics users manual Chapter 7 seems to  list Supported Vulkan 1.1 Extension Names  I don’t see depthstencil”

DepthStencil is (I believe) an Unreal term… the issue is that the VkFormat 130 which translates to VK_FORMAT_D32_SFLOAT_S8_UINT from the enumerated list is coming back as unsupported. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel_Wax
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

VK_FORMAT_D32_SFLOAT_S8_UINT is an extension and unreal engine explicitly requesting for it without querying for the support.

VK_FORMAT_D32_SFLOAT_S8_UINT is not supported due to GPU HW limitations.

The patch was already sent to Unreal and they can provide the updated engine with the workaround or actual fix in the engine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MaximNRW
Contributor I

Hi, can you please provide patch to us also, so we can build engine by ourselves. Problem with VK_FORMAT_D32_SFLOAT_S8_UINT is still there, also in UE5.2

0 Kudos
Daniel_Wax
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

VK_FORMAT_D32_SFLOAT_S8_UINT is an extension and unreal engine explicitly requesting for it without querying for the support.

VK_FORMAT_D32_SFLOAT_S8_UINT is not supported due to GPU HW limitations.

The patch was already sent to Unreal and they can provide the updated engine with the workaround or actual fix in the engine.

0 Kudos